SAS Who Dares Wins 2021: Is Ant Middleton leaving the Channel 4 show?
SAS: Who Dares Wins returns for season six with a line-up of 21 new recruits.
The new season will also welcome new DS, Melvyn Downes, who is taking over from departing officer Ollie Ollerton.
Meanwhile, Jason 'Foxy' Fox and Mark 'Billy' Billingham will be making a comeback for the 2021 show, as will Chief Officer Ant Middleton.
Channel 4 said: "Chief Instructor Ant Middleton and his team of Directing Staff, Foxy and Billy, are joined this year by a new DS, Melvyn Downes.
"The 56 year old, ex-SAS operative spent 24 years serving in the British Military, including 11 years in the SAS."
But many tuning into the show might wonder why Ant is still taking part in the series after he parted ways with Channel 4 earlier this year.
According to the Express, this is because filming took place last year and had already been completed before his departure was announced in March.
Ant will not return to the UK version of SAS: Who Dares Wins after the current series airs but will be appearing in the Australian version of the show in the near future.
This was recently confirmed by his co-host Billy who has been in Australia filming with Ant.
During an interview on Good Morning Britain this week, presenter Alex Beresford asked the star: "Ant Middleton parted ways with Channel 4 but this series still stars him and you are with him actually in Australia at the moment filming the Australian version. Does that mean he'll continue to be a part of it, just not here in the UK?"
Billy replied: "Yeah he's going to stay part of it out in Australia and the team works great together."
Billy also touched upon future series as he discussed Ant's exit and replacement.
He added: "It's sad to see him go from the UK version but you know, the shows bigger than all of us and the new guy coming in, I've worked with him over many, many years.
"So you know. One in, one out, that's the way it is." You can read more on the interview here.
Here at WalesOnline we've always enjoyed highlighting the best events, activities and things to do for you and your family when you have some down time.
But we know life is a little different right now, so we've temporarily rebranded our content as Stay In, and are committed to bringing you the latest information on virtual events, family activities and food you can enjoy during lockdown.
Want to the latest Stay In content delivered straight to your inbox? Click on this link to our newsletter sign-up centre, enter your email address and tick the box for the What's On newsletter. It's free and you can unsubscribe at any time.
In a statement on March 1, Channel 4 said: "Ant Middleton will not be taking part in future series of SAS: Who Dares Wins.
"Following a number of discussions, Channel 4 and Minnow Films have had with him in relation to his personal conduct it has become clear that our views and values are not aligned and we will not be working with him again."
Meanwhile, Ant said of his own departure: "After five incredible years I've decided it's time to move on from SAS Who Dares Wins UK. Big respect to my fellow DS – it's been a journey I'll never forget. Thanks to everyone that took part and made the show what it is. Really excited about the future and what's coming this year."
Ant later hit back at Channel 4's statement during an interview on Good Morning Britain. You can read more on this here.