Manchester United 1-3 Manchester City: Women’s Super League – as it happened

Man Utd vs Man City

Display major occurrences exclusively

In order to utilize this function, kindly activate your JavaScript.

During an interview with Sky Sports, Hannah Blundell from the United defense team stated that they received a penalty despite not having possession of the ball. However, a goal they thought they scored was disallowed, which gave the opposing team momentum and affected their performance. Nonetheless, they have faith in their team's ability to improve and come back stronger. The team features many talented players who can deliver top-notch performances, and there's a strong sense of unity within the squad.

The Manchester City manager, Gareth Taylor, chatted with Sky Sports and expressed his immense sense of satisfaction. He remarked that it was a matter of great pride to play excellently in such a huge event. He also explained that the atmosphere is quite different from that of any other regular WSL game when you reach Old Trafford and see the massive audience.

In my opinion, the most difficult goals in the game were the two we scored in the first half. There were some simpler opportunities that weren't converted. Therefore, there is still room for improvement, but I commend the players for their effort.

Once more, we found ourselves dealing with another red card scenario. While we can't exactly cry foul about it, we certainly feel more equipped to handle such situations now. We extend our gratitude to the substitutes who came on and aided us in keeping United at bay, preventing any potential scoring opportunities.

Suzanne Wrack was present at Old Trafford to cover the match.

The standings for Chelsea look quite positive based on this table.

Here is the most recent news from the remaining WSL games that were played on Sunday.

The stadium of Old Trafford was filled with joyous blue fans as City displayed a dominant performance against their rivals United. The amazing scores from Jill Roord and Lauren Hemp were a sight to behold. Bunny Shaw's lucky goal came as a surprise, but City didn't let it dampen their spirits and pushed on relentlessly. Even when they lost a team member due to a red card, the City players fought admirably. Sadly, United couldn't keep up with the pace and will be left feeling disheartened.

After the halftime break, City moved back into United's half where they had started the match. They immediately began pushing United back and dominating the play.

After 98 minutes, Manchester United are struggling to perform well. Although there were 11 minutes of encouragement, they were incapable of keeping up their momentum.

At 90 minutes and 7 additional minutes, Manchester City supporters are currently singing as they seem to have a positive gut feeling that their team will emerge as the victors in this match.

In the 90th minute plus 5 additional minutes of the game, Riviere surprisingly had no defenders marking her but her attempt to score was blocked by Keating. Geyse and Zelem also made attempts but Keating prevented the ball from going into the goal. United needs to score soon if they want to tie the game.

As the 94th minute ticked away, Garcia fiercely struck a shot and the ball pummeled in different directions within the box, but ultimately, it was pushed out of danger by the defending team.

As the match neared its end, United intensified their attack. Finally, Geyse managed to get past an opposing player but her attempt at passing was blocked by Roord.

The match has now been extended by an additional 11 minutes, bringing the total playing time up to 90 minutes. It remains to be seen if Skinner's squad can successfully mount yet another comeback.

After 90 minutes, Laurent Hemp left the game and Mary Fowler took their place for one final attempt by United to turn things around.

In the 89th minute of the game, Garcia was very active and seemed to be the only player who could break through City's defense. However, the problem was that City had a lot of players defending their goal.

In the 87th minute, the United team's creative players, Zelem and Geyse, have faced obstacles. The City team has displayed a good tactical performance by aggressively pressing, and Shaw's goal was an excellent example of how to pursue an opponent.

After 85 minutes of play, the Old Trafford announcer, Alan Keegan, revealed that there were 43,615 people in attendance, which is a new high for the venue.

After 84 minutes, it appears that City are managing the game quite well despite having fewer players on the field.

After 82 minutes, there were two substitutions for City. Hasegawa and Kelly were replaced by Houghton and Coombs. Chloe Kelly was reluctant to leave the game.

At the 81-minute mark, Gareth Taylor, the head coach, is considering bringing in City's experienced player, Steph Houghton, to strengthen their defence.

In the 79th minute, United finally attempted a shot, but it was from a long distance by Garcia. However, City's goalkeeper, Keating, was able to save it. Unfortunately, Keating got injured and had to go down. It seems like the injury came at an appropriate time for City.

United didn't make any substitutions while City had one player sent off, but now they're finally making a change. Toone and Naalsund are being replaced by Miyazawa and Rachel Williams.

After playing for 75 minutes, Bunny Shaw is substituted and she leaves slowly. The spectators express their disapproval through booing. In her place, Kerstin Casparij enters the field.

After 73 minutes, there was a shift in the game as United started to gain momentum while City began to pull back.

"Manchester City Receives Red Card!"

The situation might alter now. Garcia is advancing and Aleixandri impedes her progress by grabbing her arm, resulting in a deliberate foul and justifiable penalty. This earned Aleixandri another yellow card, indicating that it was a deliberate and purposeful offense.

It has been 71 minutes and United has yet to take a shot. City is really controlling the game in both the midfield and defence. The visitors are putting on an impressive display of skill.

After 69 minutes of play, Garcia took the place of Malard and joined the team to defend against a free-kick.

After 68 minutes, Shaw returned to the field amidst disagreements from the audience. Malard also received a round of criticism when he aggressively tackled Shaw, and unfortunately, that was Malard's final appearance in the game.

After 66 minutes, Bunny Shaw has fallen down once more due to an encounter with Millie Turner. Consequently, Marc Skinner has the opportunity to communicate with his team members and restructure his squad. Substitute players are about to enter the game soon.

After 64 minutes, Manchester United have possession of the ball, but they are only controlling it in their own half of the field. Every time they attempt to move past the midway point, the City defenders quickly approach to neutralize the threat.

In 63 minutes of the game, Alex Greenwood makes her return by pivoting and striking the ball a long distance, much like a rugby stand-off performing a box-kick.

After 61 minutes of play, the City team is facing a tough challenge in their passing game. Geyse and Malard are finding it difficult to deliver accurate passes to their intended targets as the opposing team is blocking their efforts.

After 59 minutes, it seems that United has a difficult task ahead of them as City has resumed their defensive strategy. United's most efficient tactic, counterattacking, is no longer an option as City has now blocked their path to scoring a goal.

To be honest, Manchester City got lucky with that goal. Mary Earps, who is considered the greatest Englishwoman alive, should take a lot of responsibility for it.

Man City Dominates; Wins 3-1 Against Man Utd

Oh wow. Bunny Shaw makes a comeback and takes advantage of a very bad play from United. Le Tissier and Earps make a mistake and Earps ends up hitting the ball off Shaw's knee, which then ricochets into the goal. It was a good effort to pressure the other team, but the passing from the defense was awful.

After 53 minutes of gameplay, Bunny Shaw falls to the ground unexpectedly, with no other players in her vicinity. It appears that she's clutching her neck in agony.

After 52 minutes, Hemp starts running very fast, but Riviere demonstrates why she was called to play with her speed. It seems that Riviere had a knee injury since she was seen wearing a brace when she was on the bench.

In the span of 50 minutes, United attempts a quick counterattack but Zelem fails to locate Toone. The match has become rougher compared to its earlier state, with both teams exercising more caution than ever.

The beginning of the second half was relatively calm, in contrast to the first. Manchester United appears to have made some changes in an attempt to secure their lead.

A reservation made by Aleixandri resulted in Ella Toone getting a penalty due to hand-off, which led to a yellow card being issued.

After the first half, United made a substitution - Jade Riviere took the place of Nikita Parris, as she wasn't very active. With this change, Leah Galton was moved up the field as Jade is a full-back player.

Today in Spain, a little while ago.

Man United 1-2 Man City At Half-time

The first half of the women's derby played at Old Trafford has been intense, with City launching strong attacks and successfully scoring two goals. Meanwhile, United has managed to maintain a credible threat. Overall, it has been a match of great quality, and fans hope that the second half will bring more of the same excitement.

In the 47th minute of the game, Malard, a skilled player, almost manages to pass the ball to Toone but the offside trap is put into effect yet again. Following that, Galton comes in from the side and puts pressure on Keating, who is protecting City's goal, resulting in a save.

After 45 minutes, an additional three minutes are included.

In the 44th minute, Ella Toone returned to defend and prevent City's Shaw from posing a threat.

After 42 minutes of play, it seems that City is utilizing the offside rule to their advantage. United's Nikita Parris has just been caught offside.

41 minutes into the game, it would be unwise to not create more opportunities! Ouahabi delivered a great ball to Kelly, who has had an impressive performance so far. Kelly managed to test Earp and the post with her shot, which could have resulted in a score of 1-3 or 1-4. However, the game could also have gone in favor of the other team with scores of either 3-3 or 3-2.

After 40 minutes of playing, it seems like there was a moment of calm in the game. Perhaps both teams need to take a breather and relax.

The match has been truly fitting to the occasion as United scored a goal but in a blink of an eye, they found themselves behind with a score of 2-1. All these events happened in just 39 short minutes.

After 38 minutes, Adam K contacted me. He expressed his well wishes and mentioned something about the saying "swearing maketh the legend". He also brought up Jill Scott's recent tattoo which added to our admiration for her.

After 36 minutes, Marc Skinner is visibly shocked as he watches from the sidelines. His team was not successful in stopping City's movements, but it must be noted that City's two goals were exceptionally impressive.

"Man City Secures Victory Against Man United "

Wow, another incredible moment in the game! United is really struggling right now. Bunny Shaw had two opportunities to shoot, but instead decided to pass the ball to Hemp who made a fantastic goal. This game has become so intense and exciting!

Read more
Similar news
This week's most popular news