Sir David Attenborough among celebs in online map that shows most famous person from where you live
Famous folk from all over the county - from medieval lords to Bake Off stars - are featured in a new celebrity map of the UK.
People such as Sir David Attenborough, Willie Thorne and Frances Quinn are mapped on Leicester, Broughton Astley and Market Harborough respectively.
Kasabian get both Blaby and Countesthorpe on The Pudding's map of the UK, while others featured around Leicestershire include Monty Python's Graham Chapman, from Wigston Magna, Queen's John Deacon, from Oadby, and the inspiration behind the Luddites, Ned Ludd, who is from Anstey.
Unfortunately, the map missed off Leicester-born sports heroes Gary Lineker and Mark Selby, who are probably our most famous faces after Sir David.
There are some sporting notables from the county who do make it onto the map including Leicester City legend Alan Birchenall, from Birstall, and Cosby cyclist Lucy Garner.
The older "celebrities" include King Edward IV's stepson Thomas Grey and Thomas Cromwell's son, Gregory. Some with a handy link to their Wikipedia page.Read More Related Articles Read More Related Articles
Politicians seem to be favoured on the map, with the former Labour member for Loughborough, Andy Reed, being the biggest name to be born in Sileby.
And Parmjit Singh Gill, who was the Leicester South MP for all of 11 months, represents Stoneygate in Leicester.
These are the biggest names - according to the map - from around the county towns:
- Hinckley - Human League singer Philip Oakley
- Lutterworth - TV property expert Jonnie Irwin
- Market Harborough - Bake Off winner Frances Quinn
- Loughborough - Basketball player Paul Sturgess
- Coalville - Umbrella Academy actor Tom Hopper
- Ashby - er, Rosemary Harris, whose Wikipedia page states she was born in Ashby in Suffolk
- Melton - no one. They couldn't come up with a single person from Melton.
Click here to view the whole map.